43. Do not keep company with anyone whose state does not inspire you and whose speech does not lead you to God.
44. You might be in a bad state; then, associating with one who is in a worse state, you see virtue in yourself.
45. No need arising from a renouncing heart is small, and no need arising from an avaricious heart is fruitful.
46. Good works are the results of good states.
Good states arise from the stations wherein abide those who have spiritual realization.
47. Do not abandon the Invocation because you do not feel the Presence of God therein. For your forgetfulness of the Invocation of Him is worse than your forgetfulness in the Invocation of Him. Perhaps He will take you from an Invocation with forgetfulness to one with vigilance, and from one with the Presence of God to one wherein everything but the Invoked is absent. “And that is not difficult for God.”