Tuesday, November 4, 2008

On Bended Knee


Can somebody tell me how to get things back the way they use to be

Oh God give me a reason

I’m down on bended knee

- Boyz II Men -

My late father is a very talkative person, he even can spend whole day long to chat with a stranger. When I come home at weekend he usually asked me to sit by his side and listen to his story of what has happened the entire week. And it almost happened every week. Occasionally I don’t listen attentively to his – what I think as a – mundane story, and sometimes I’m avoiding that 'story telling moment' with so many excuses.

Until one day, my father had haemorrhagic stroke that made him unable to speak until his end of time. At that moment I realize that I missed to hear his story and his laugh or even just hear him saying my name, and it never happened…

Sometimes we realize how meaningful things are when it’s gone. Whilst we never certain of getting a second chance in life to fix ignorant thing that we’ve aver done.

So, Let’s don’t wait till the water runs dry

We might watch our whole lives pass us by

Let’s don’t wait till the water runs dry

Otherwise, we’ll end up making the biggest mistake of our lives

===


To my beloved father,
I miss you...

No comments: